Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2017

School Athletics Day

WALT - write a recount

On Friday 10th of November, it was our annual School Athletics day. There were different types of sports and activities.  


The first thing we had to do, when we got to class was get changed into our house colors. When the bell went everybody lined up, outside on the netball courts. The principle talked to us,  then we were able to start off our day. The sports we played were softball, relays, dodge ball, extreme, volleyball, shot put, high jump, sprints, discus, javelin, and other type of sports. There were groups like year 7 girls or year 8 girls. All of the groups had one teacher to look after them and tell them where to go.


First game that my year 7 group played was softball. Since it was the first game of the day I was a bit nervous. As the day went on I got more and more nervous. I was so nervous, because of the sprints. I am not good at running. The day went on and I had to the sprints so when it was time to run I was scared. The principle got two kinds of wood and clapped them together. When he clapped the woods together, we had to run. So we ran. I came 4th or 5th in the sprints.


It was the end of the day and everybody went to class to mark the roll. Then  everyone would go back on the courts then the teachers would direct us to sit somewhere to sit on the field to watch the different house color people did the relay race. The team that came 1st was hikianalia in 2nd place was Hine moana in 3rd was Te Aurere and in fourth place was Hokulea. Then when that race was done the teacher and the kids and the volunteers did the relays, it was a bit funny in the beginning of the race because there was one teacher that fall over flat on her face but the winner was the kids team and they won by miles. But in second place was the volunteers and in third was the teachers. When that was finished we went back to the team 5 block and had a rest and some ice blocks.

At the end of the day I had a lot of fun and I can't wait until next year when I will be a year 8. Next year I am going to try really hard because it will be my last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.